Employment at The Roosevelt Hotel
A staff of more than 600 employees makes every effort to see that hotel guests' expectations are surpassed, working tirelessly to maintain The Roosevelt Hotel's reputation for outstanding service. If you're interested in joining this exceptional staff, please review our openings below or view all Interstate Hotel & Resort opportunities here.
Guest Relations ManagerManage all guest feedback on social media platforms and guest service applications for current and past guest. Service each guest comment/complaint according to hotel procedure, while adhering to time sensitive response times. Resolve customer issues or complaints and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints together with various operational issues to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Education: Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience: One to two full years of full employment in a related position.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires thorough knowledge of hotel services and guest relations profession.
- General knowledge of other departments in the hotel and the ability to determine the course of action based on these guidelines and policies.
- Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Requires an understanding of social media platforms; preferred technical knowledge of social media platforms and guest service tracking systems.
- Must have excellent oral and written English communication skills and have the ability to work with all levels of associates.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Second language is desirable.
This position will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing and will oversee all day to day efforts of our wholesale travel business and segment. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills and will be responsible for achieving assigned wholesale travel quotas for the hotel.
A minimum of 5 years prior hotel sales experience specifically with wholesale background is required. Strong revenue management abilities are needed in addition to excellent communication skills. Prior New York City experience is a plus as well as multi-lingual capabilities for this position.
The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, and be hospitality oriented and be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. This position requires a mechanical background in electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. The candidate must have job related experience with all other building trades such as: plumbing, carpentry, painting, and an understanding of the coordination of work duties among the trades Due to the cyclical nature of the hotel business the individual must be able to work weekends, nights and flexible hours. Also, the candidate must be able to supervise engineer associates; previous experience in Hotels, Hospitals, or Commercial Office Buildings is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RESUMES MAY BE FAXED TO: 212-885-6172 or EMAILED TO: email@example.com